Connect with Matt
Matt was born and raised in Garland, Texas and is the oldest of four children, with two brothers and one sister. He graduated from Baylor University with a BS in Economics. During his time at Baylor, he served as the President of Tau Kappa Epsilon, a social fraternity.
Matt has been married to his sweetheart, Aimee, for 15 years. Together, they have four children, two cats, a tarantula, a bearded dragon, and a dog.
Matt has been an entrepreneur since he was a young child; from selling lemonade and mowing yards, to owning a private investigation firm in Dallas, to a real estate professional and co-founder of Step Up Realty. Prior to going back into active real estate sales in April 2011, Matt served for three years as the CEO/Team Leader of the Keller Williams McKinney Market Center. He now serves as our Chief Leadership Officer here at Step Up Realty.
Matt is actively involved in his community, particularly as a champion of homeowners/property rights. His big dream is to one day serve as the President of the United States. His service history includes: Vice Chair of the McKinney Planning & Zoning Commission, Vice President of the North Collin County Habitat for Humanity, 2015 Director of the National Association of REALTORS®, member of the NAR Federal Taxation Committee, 2015 Director of the Texas Association of REALTORS®, Liaison for the TAR Political Involvement Council, member of the TAR Nominating Committee, member of the TAR Reserve Investment Sub-committee, and 2015 President of the Collin County Association of REALTORS® (CCAR) Matt is also an alumnus of TRLP Class III (2008) and the Leadership McKinney Class of 2012.
Matt has been honored with a number of awards, including: 2014 Texas REALTOR Hero Award from the Texas Association of REALTORS, Texas Monthly Magazine's 2014 & 2013 Five Star Real Estate Professional Award, 2012 Voted #1 Real Estate Team in Mckinney, 2011 Top Group for Keller Williams N. Collin County, and the 2007 Rookie of the Year for Keller Williams N. Collin County.
Latest Posts from Matt
- Setting the Right Price for Your ListingEver wonder how a Realtor decides on a price when listing a home to sell? It is an ever important process! The Matt Hilton Group makes sure to pull accurate data for a given area by looking at other homes that have recently been listed (your competition) and the SOLD price... Read more »
- How Important is Curb Appeal?In this week’s blog post we are going to talk about the importance of Curb Appeal. Curb Appeal is the appearance of your house AND surrounding yard. Good curb appeal says a lot about YOU as a home owner. When you have good curb appeal it says you care about your... Read more »
- Home Remodels that Reap the Most BenefitsIn this blog series, we will list the top Remodeling Projects you can do for your house to help in getting it SOLD! According to the National Association of Realtors 2015 Remodeling Impact Report, the top upgrades or remodels to consider when selling your home are kitchen upgrades, complete kitchen renovations,... Read more »
- Sold! The top 3 Myths about selling your homeIn this series of blogs, we hope to give you some insight on steps you can take to put your house above the rest in today’s market. WARNING: Listing Your Property With Matt Hilton Will Cause It To SELL Tip No. 20 – The top 3 Myths about selling your home 1. Myth:... Read more »
- 5 Things to consider when buying your homeIn this blog series for potential home buyers we will give you hints on how to be a smarter home buyer and get the most out of your home buying experience. Hint No. 14 – 5 Things to consider when buying your home Location is as important as the other considerations you... Read more »
Matt's Spotlight Homes